We stock an interesting selection of greetings cards - all blank inside for your own message - all priced at £2.00. These are available from our Wharf Street Bookshop (Monday - Friday 10.00 am - 1.30 pm).
As online purchase of individual cards would not be attractive due to minimum postage charges we would be pleased to respond to mail order requests direct to the Trust bookshop where individual orders can be processed. This would be a payment-by-cheque only service.
Views of Old Leeds
A5 size; £2.00
Boar Lane, c.1881
These cards are prints of pictures on display in the Leeds Art Gallery and reproduced courtesy of Leeds City Art Galleries.
- Commercial Street, Leeds, about 1910 (Mark Senior)
- Tree Shadows on the Park Wall, Roundhay Park, Leeds - 1872 (John Atkinson Grimshaw)
- Park Row, Leeds, by Moonlight - 1882 (John Atkinson Grimshaw)
- Leeds from the Meadows, about 1820 (Joseph Rhodes)
- Boar Lane, Leeds, 1881 (John Atkinson Grimshaw)
West Yorkshire Views
7" x 5"; £2.00
Cobbles by the Quay
These cards are prints from watercolours by the local artist Walter C Foster A.R.C.A. (1887-1929).
- Staithes (1) & (2) - 1912
- Cobbles by the Quay, Whitby - 1911
- The Harbour, Whitby - 1927
- Bridlington Harbour - 1909
- Bolton Abbey - 1913
- Whitby, St Mary's - 1912
- Robin Hood's Bay - 1912
Scenes of modern Leeds
Leslie Child; £2.00
These cards are produced by Leslie Child, an award-winning Leeds artist who currently lives in Adel. There are many scenes which include:
- Thornton's Arcade
- Leeds Market
- Corn Exchange